Personal Care Aide/Companion
- Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services.
- Provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
- Provides personal care and support services to clients in a Comfort Keepers established Personal Care Program.
- Minimum of ninth grade education; high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any stated mandated training.
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Credit History, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program.
- Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.